Disclaimer:

All the posts on this blog have been authored by Ken Gold and appear in money spinners column in INDIAN EXPRESS.

Welcome to money columns:

Many Making Information,Earn Online,Earn though Blogging,Earn from home,Part time Jobs,Earn Pocket Money Online,Free Advice for earning money,Earn through Ads,Internet Marketing,free online money etc, are the topics covered by this blog. Please post your comments on the blog.

A little Note

Scores of men and women with simple skills have solved their financial problems and are making money. All these successful persons could do them because they had the courage to take a step ahead in life.

If somebody else did it,why can't you????You can and I know you will.Mr.Ken Gold has been kind enough to share his ideas and views on different things you can do.Many people who could do things didn't even know the basics of computing or Internet but still managed to suceed so can you.
You too can start a business of your own with minimumm investment.Take that step and you will get exciting profits in a few months – if you know what you’re doing. Even if you don’t know anything now, you can learn everything in a short time.There is a world called google which can help you to learn anything and everything you would ever need.Use them efficiently and you are sure to suceed.

Don't just read the articles. Think about them. Do something about them. Use the ideas and principles. Make money online and one day we want you to come back here and tell us the story of your sucess.

Wishing You good sucess and prosperity.Let's all thank Mr.Ken Gold.

Friday, April 27, 2007

The Master Move--Sports and chess

Raman asked me, "I know when someone seeks your guidance you suggest to projects related to computer and internet. I am neither computer literate nor internet savvy. I am not interested in learning these new technologies. But, I want to generate some additional income. Do you think I can have any luck?" I replied, "Computer and internet are recently developed technologies. Men have been making money long before. Do you know that 97% of world population earns money from non-computer activities?"

A sudden smile popped up on Raman’s lips. Raman is an employee in a private company. He earns Rs.3,500 a month. "What are the things you are interested in? Do you think you have any special skills or talent?" I asked him. "I have no such money- making skills. I am a big zero." ," Raman saidsaid he replied. "I know you are a good chess player. Don’t you consider it as a special skill? How many people can really play chess well like you?" I asked him. "I have been playing chess for the past 25 years. But, I don’t have enough knowledge or skill to win national and international tournaments and collect the prize money," Raman replied.

"Winning prize money is a nice project! However, I was thinking about something else. Most parents want to empower their children with as many skills as possible. They are ready to pay for it. I know there is a demand for services such as chess coaching and teaching arts. You know Shanthi personally. She teaches pet potsoft toy making and Tanjore painting to kids and earns Rs.2,500 a month. She works only for 2 hours a day," I explained to Raman.

After some thought, Raman said, "My wife, Sneha, is also a good chess player. I think she and I can start teaching chess to school children." I told him, "We take to some hobbies because we love them. We give our heart and soul to them. Many of us are, in fact, more sincere to our hobbies than to our work. We must learn the ways to convert such hobbies into money- making activities."

Raman began to teach chess to school children in the evenings and week ends. Parents would drop their children at Raman’s house at fixed hours and pick them up after an hour or two. When Raman had other pressing work, Sneha would teach. Within two months, he was able to earn Rs.2,500 from teaching chess to ten kids. The couple realised how much time they had been wasting all those years.

When my daughter showed interest in mastering advanced techniques in the game, I requested Raman to teach chess to my daughter her at my house, as I felt that would be very convenient to me. I offered two times double his normal fees for less hours of work as he had to come all the way to my house on a bicycle. Raman immediately accepted the offer.

On realizing the convenience, some other parents also made similar offers. Raman wanted to accept all the offers but was worried about his regular students. At that moment, his wife stepped in to support him. She began to teach the existing students at her home so that existing income would not be lost. Raman started to go to his students’ houses and made Rs.2,500 a month. Income from his hobby rose to Rs.5,000 a month.

To attend tournaments, students must buy chess clocks. Cost of a clock is Rs.2,500. Students usually buy them from sports shops. Sneha met a shop keeper and became a reseller for chess clocks and other chess gear. Naturally all their students buy only from Raman and Sneha. She gets a commission of Rs. 500 per clock. She sells three clocks a month. Other items such as chess boards, books and software generate Rs.750 a month.

Sneha has plans to organize one month concentrated chess course for school children in the summer vacation. Raman is searching for a commercial space where he can start chess coaching centre on a big scale. Now the couple earns Rs. 7,250 a month. Income from a useful hobby has grown to more than 200% of Raman’s monthly salary. In six eight months, their income has crossed five digits. It is big money for any middle class family.

No comments: